Are you struggling with challenges that intersect the personal and political? Healing yourself can actually be one of the greatest contributions you can make.
- Are You are struggling to communicate in your relationships around social justice issues?
- Do you find yourself feeling ashamed of your professional, sexual or personal desires because you feel they may not be aligned with your values?
- Do you want to heal your traumas in a way that recognizes the relationship between the personal and political?
The force of self-love is very subtle but extremely powerful.
We can have great impact as a community if each one of us stepped up to do our own healing. This is because when we commit to healing ourselves, we become seeds of change that can affect others by modelling self-love, rather than by trying to control the behaviour of others.
But to do this, we first have to really genuinely let go and do this work wholly for ourselves. We have to become truly selfish.
If you are ready to take this leap of faith, I would be honoured to be a companion in your healing journey.
Here are some things I can help you with:
- Learning breath and mindfulness exercises to create a healthy space of compassion in yourself
- Exploring and healing unhealthy relationship patterns
- Healing privilege shame
- Creating healthy boundaries
If you are a white person interested in working with me but feel ashamed, please know that as a person of colour I understand myself to have an immense amount of spiritual privilege and this is my way of contributing to the cessation of racial trauma.
How I work
I work primarily with movement, imagination, mindfulness and other body-based methods. This is because I believe the body is where the personal truly meets the political.
Sessions with me are a collaboration between your curiosity and my intuitive guidance. For best results I recommend setting an intention for our work and committing to a number of regular sessions.
I am available via Skype and phone phone as well as in-person. I am located on thetraditional territories of the We Wai Kai, Kwiakah, Homalco, and Klahoose First Nations AKA Cortes Island, BC and some times come into Unceded Coast Salish Territories AKA Vancouver.
My rate for 1-on-1 is by Mindful Payment. I ask my clients to pay me an amount that they feel expresses the value of the work we did together. All contributions will be graciously received as an expression of your healing experience.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below to set up a brief phone/Skype consultation.